Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Unsent

-Changing Lanes-

Dear Pops,


I never much knew you, but when i tell others about you, i always pick the good parts, like how you struggle and work ya way with the limited amount of resources you have, how you always strive for the family.

I leave out the not so glamorous parts, the parts where i felt as if i was alone at times when i thought i could rely on you, the times i wanted just to have a simple dinner.

As the years went by, it has now been almost 2 cycles of a dozen in my life, your battered eyes, your worn out body, has struck me that without your toil and hardships that you went through, i would not be where i am today, how foolish i am to think that i have been lacking when i am having in abundance.

I have a role model, albeit a flawed one, but who is perfect?

I realized as i come out to the world, aye, i have dreams, aspirations, things i want to do, but seeing how i have not fully taken over the responsibility from you, and yet you still work so hard and now even apart from us for a bit, it saddens me, saddens me inside out.

I've always mention life is too short, yet, in this short life, you have worked so much, and is still working, away from your beloved.

Is this a vicious cycle? That we always have to work hard to provide, that it will never end?

Sins of the father.

Nay, let what others say about this, let them throw their lofty words of religion and their self-righteous thoughts, saying it will all be okay, saying it is a test, let them look with their preconceived minds, their self-justified tongue, let them use the Word against us, let them "try" to build us up in God's name.

Nay.

Let them.

For now, after i shed this last tear, i will now take over the responsibility. With dreams postponed, with the world crumbling around me, let it come, for if my God is for me, tell me who can be against me.

It is not I, but God who reigns in me.

I will come soon, be patient.

Sincerely,
Thy Son.


4 comments:

anna said...

I respect people who take on due responsibility, for that is the measure of a man. Remember that God never forgets us, even when we forget ourselves sometimes. Hold on to your dreams, though they be postponed. Don't lose sight of your vision, the bigger picture. It's easy for us to get sucked into this world, as real worries threaten to drown us. God bless and keep you.

mr jp said...

Are you talking about God , or your father ? cause you put Pops in capital letters ...

-L- said...

Anna: It's about learning life, but we still young, plenty of time to do plenty of stuff! thanks :)

Jp: My father, i thought putting my father seems a bit, too obvious haha.

MF said...

this sounds different from your usual you...but it sounds good! hopefully u'll like ur upcoming job.