Thursday, June 02, 2011

To The Moon

"Up" the animated movie by Pixar Films was one of their best films yet, and i'm immensely impressed by the great concept and satisfying premise which led to be one of the top films i've seen on my list.

In the first 20 minutes of the movie, i've already formed tears in my eyes as the wordless scenes unfolded before my eyes and demonstrated that life can indeed be beautiful when spending with the right person and that dreams keeps us going.

The sad part was the unfulfilled dream, and with the void left by the death of the protagonist's spouse, it was not hard to identify with the protagonist that the last thing he could do for his wife was to fulfill the dream they had when they first met. The hollowness of life can be a thorough motivator yet devastating if left alone. Thus, brings us to the crux of the story in "Up" - finding another reason to move on.

But what was the real draw for me was really the balloons, we've all dreamt that the helium inflated balloons could one day whisk us away to the unknown, to adventures beyond our imagination and to infinity and beyond!
And "Up" has used that idea to help the protagonist to fly away into a far away land.

Life's like that, I know i've been saying a lot, and a lot more words has passed through my mouth than actions did my hands, unfortunately, it's not so simple, i am a flightless creature, my balloon, i believe, are coming up, but the rate of helium being pumped in is slower than i would like it to be.

That being said, a balloon flight would be all kinds of cool. And the closest i can get for now is dream.

Not to make this all depressing, but always good to know that there are bigger things in life, and life does not end here.

Red, blue, pink and indigo,
Does all these colors take me to where i want to go?
Orange, green, white and red,
I often wonder as i lie on my bed.

Onto a magical adventure I could be,
Flying dragons, mystical creatures I'd see!
Maybe a quest to find the dungeon key,
To dispel the land from magic and sorcery!

The sun rises and soon I'm awake,
My dreams gone as easy as it was made.
Greens, whites, black and pink,
It means differently in this world I'm in.

Whisked away the time of my years,
Death subtly waiting with his quiet cheers.
Soon I'll be left with naught,
An ambition now a lingering thought.

Whose to say what went right or wrong?
Door to the grave is singing its song.
What comfort left shall I cling to?
Nothing left but a waiting fool.

No comments: