Sunday, December 03, 2006

36 minutes to midnight

Back from mamak session, and it's about 36 minutes to midnight, sitting for my finals this thursday and friday, what am i doing online?!?!?

pc fair was a drag, nothing really great about it, just got to see the almighty PS3 and Wii, but both cost a bomb, a leg, a hand and probably a few armpit hair.

a friend, christian friend, was annoyed and somewhat angry i went clubbing, well, i will tell you again, it isn't a good hobby, and certainly won't help you in your walk with God, but i cannot tell you it is so sinful that it is detestable in God's eyes.

till now i prayed to God if my decision to go clubbing once with my course mates was really such a bad thing, but till now i received no conviction, nothing, zilch, nothing nope! So was it bad in your opinion?

here is my argument:
I prayed before i went, i decided not to go, but then somehow along the way, i was moved to go, so i did, i didn't like what happened during clubbing sessions, the promiscuity, the loose actions, the drinking, the music, well, almost everything. My course mates drank alcohol while i drank the coke that was used to mix with the alcohol.

Yea, dancing was cool, i did all the stephen chau sing chi dance used in his movies, i couldn't do all the sensual dance, it wasn't me, plus who am i kidding? if i did that, i'll probably make everyone puke. eheh

Plus, i get to see stuff that was such an eye opener that it struck me deep, and i had to wrestle with some issues, my christian friend argued saying i placed myself in place of temptations, and also that there were other ways to see what i see and to learn what i learned there. Well it may be true, but i guess i'm more of the visual and experience kind of guy, plus, it has it pros too, such as i got to take care of my sick friend there, while everyone was dancing.

So what say you? am i at fault? please, if you think i am, gun me down man, make me beg on my knees for forgiveness, if not, please rethink your opinions from another perspective. I believe that some things are so black and white, if i avoid all the bad things in this world, am i really going to learn and grow? it is a matter of principle and your maturity, for me, i like to get my hands dirty, and yes, my approach is highly discouraged because i know what kind of effects it has on me, so i'll advise the rest to go do something else.

All in all, i am what God made me to be, i answer to Him, but you can comment if ya want, i really wanna know what you think of this issue.

Note: my friends going to club again after our finals, guess i won't be joining them, not my cup of tea. Plus my pocket is burned so deep,i can't see the end.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's ok as long as your conscience is clear before God and you don't stumble anyone. (Romans 14:14-23)

Anonymous said...

Actually, in nearly everything you do, you have the potential to stumble someone.

If you get a girlfriend, you might stumble someone who is on a commitment to remain single til' he's 25.

If you go shopping, you might stumble someone who has to save money for offering.

If you drink wine, you might stumble someone who has had a life long problem with alchohol.

It's between you and God. You're bound to stumble someone in one way or another, even with a clear conscience.

As for the friend who got angry at you for clubbing, I doubt s/he was stumbled.

I think s/he was a Pharisee.

Anonymous said...

i think we've to take proximity into consideration as well in this stumbling matter. the whole world is obviously too large to take into account...so it's only practical to consider those around u like close friends, family, etc. don't think you can have a clear conscience if you cause a loved one to stumble, right?

Anonymous said...

Being the usual opinionated guy that I am. Here's my 2 cents (yes yes, I ripped it off Kent Brockman). Well, God has a plan for us all right? And you did pray before you went so we should consider the long term agenda. Who knows? Some time in the future when someone who's slowly losing it in life comes to you and wants to talk about God and one of the main thing he does is go clubbing and just can't seem to justify a reason to stop. So this way you can relate, to a certain extent, the real dangers posed by the whole clubbing scene and thus you can draw back on your experience and perhaps nudge him towards the light. Not sure if you get my point, or if I'm even making a clear one but I guess I'm just saying you did no wrong and sometimes we just gotta go through with things in order to have a greater sense of understanding and have faith in God's plan for us.

In an unrelated news... why is the Wii so expensive?!?! ARGH!?

w00t

Anonymous said...

if u spent more than RM3 when u went clubbing...then it was wrong and stupid. if u spent less, then i would call it a mamak session where the other customers are siao.

i personally do not see anything wrong with clubbing. It's what you do when you go clubbing that matters. besides, you've already gone, you've seen what happens inside, you've decided that you won't go clubbing again, you've prayed, and you've been judged by a friend. you can't change what has happened. so, why bother?

you are accountable to God and no one else.

what's a wii?