Friday, August 31, 2007

Happy Independence Day Malaysia!


Indeed, 50 years is a long way from the first independence day, as much as some of us dislike the way things are run, despite the fact that this country has its fair share of shortcomings, it is still home.

I bet the people overseas can testify to it that Malaysia is still one of the best place to be at.

It's darn sad that Malaysians don't see the true significance of this day, it's even more sad they don't care what is the theme this year or even bother to celebrate with a true heart.

God has given us so much, in this country where we are placed, we should be happy that we are playing a big role in God's ultimate plan for this country.

In January, I already sensed that God is gonna move BIG this year, as He always has been. And indeed God did not disappoint, I have seen so many things happening, even through myself, i have come a long way from being a mere sinner to a repentant one actively seeking God's will.

My friends has taught me a lot too this year, and i know greater things are coming, as Steven Curtis Chapman write in his song, we come with Great Expectations.

Expect more from God, He has just begun His mighty work.

Don't lose out, don't be content to just sit and wait till you die and go heaven.

I attended the night NECF prayer conference for the past 2 nights, and it was a blessing. It was sad that people don't come and attend to pray and hear about the word from God, but it's alright, the people that came made a difference and that was what counts.

I hope to live another 50 more years to see the 100th independence day of Malaysia!
Then when i die people will quote me of this:

"When i realized how short my time was on earth, it struck me that the things i have been pursuing i could not take with me, and the only thing that mattered was what i did on earth for Christ Jesus, and so begun the life of God using me beyond what i can do and what He wants me to do. And here i am at the end of my life, hoping to do even more before i meet Jesus."

yeap, this will be my final speech before i die!

Happy Merdeka Malaysia!
Praise God for great things He hath done and greater things to come! Amen!

No comments: