Friday, January 22, 2010

Lapse

Today, i read a book while sipping coffee in starbucks today.

What an odd feeling.

I remember a time where i used to grace the walkways of shopping malls alone, enjoying the crowd, the motions and details that were rich and too much to be absorbed, the audio filled both of my ears.

I remember just staring at the countless number of people enjoying their
day, and then return home alone, thinking that it was a great day.

I remember holding up a book every night, immersing myself in the world penned by people unknown to me, and living the characters as if i was them.

I remember putting down a book after reading it and thought to myself, what an epic story.

All that was lost, momentarily, with advent of more technology, time seems to run out faster than usual. Maybe time to close the browser, switch off the modem that hasn't rested since the day you turned it on.

Maybe, time to utilize time.

-Notion-

2 comments:

MF said...

Sigh...

charis said...

Yes.