Sunday, February 01, 2009

Freshmen

I remember teaching form 1 and 2 students, and boy was i terrible, of course apart from trying to be cool and all in school and totally hate the system there, still it was a good experience.
Problem is, i didn't show equality to all students.

Why? Some students annoyed the heck out of me. So i picked who i like and who i don't. Uh-oh. I became a cliche teacher, the kind where i hated because they showed partiality. So why do we fall into cliches? Human nature?

I realized i couldn't love all the kids the same because everyone is different, and though i appeared to, i could not. And now, thinking back, i felt stupid, if i did not show them equality, then they would hate the system and their subsequent teachers, which could be partially my fault as well.

And now, going to graduate, if i were to pursue what i am studying now, i realized i cannot be a counselor or a clinical psychologist, for i would be biased and impose my own values.

If i were to be religious, i could not love everyone , and though i could appear to, i know in my heart i would not.

Even when meeting new people, physical attraction plays a role in my divided attention, bullcrap about inner beauty first, if not for the outside, i wouldn't care less the inside, though there are a few exceptions.

I realized my care and time is not for everyone, and i have to accept it from others as well. If Jesus can show that kind of love, did he not empower us to do so as well?

Whats the point of religion if you are no better than any one in the world?
-It's true-hoo, look how they shine for you-oo-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i drew a line, i drew a line for you
;)

-L- said...

yes! hopefully others getz it