Friday, June 26, 2009

Cats in the Cradle

When i have the time, i want and will:
  • write a song
  • hike up a mountain
  • write a script
  • go for audition to act on stage
  • learn to dance
  • learn to fix the car engine
  • raise a kid
  • shoot a short film
  • write a book
  • attend a ball
  • throw a party
  • drive to every state in m'sia and fly to sabah and sarawak
  • cycle
  • spend time doing community work
  • ride a horse
  • take up fencing
  • paint
  • have a picnic outing
  • cook a proper full course meal
  • bake a cake
But, all i should do now is:
  • Study
  • Finsih up my thesis
  • Graduate
  • Get a job
  • Care for everyone else
  • Be resilient
  • Fake a smile
  • Sort out my stand on Christianity
  • Be supportive
  • Be financially stable
  • Secured in life
  • Manage my time properly
  • Obeying written and implied rules
  • Be available
Though some things are "important" in life, i think it is not essential,
just that over the years and centuries of human living, we forged a metaphorical prison upon our own lives, instead of seeing beyond it, we like being in the 4 walls that puts us in our place, governed by "responsibilities" and "priorities" who act as our jail wardens.

I will suspend my beliefs for you, to blur out people who say where you will go, you my dear childhood friend, whom never fail to cheer me up when i go to you, who, despite all your troubles, became who you are and forever remembered that way, if religion permits me not to see you again, then goodbye is now. Goodbye.
-Hollow-

4 comments:

kingsley sia said...

Be available?

Lordson On Demand, oh yeah.

-L- said...

yet my kings never calls me, hehe

MF said...

balance...can achieve both.

siehjin said...

if you need help or want someone to discuss with as you sort out your stand on christianity, let me know. i understand that it may be a very private and personal thing. but if you want an outsider's perspective, i really want to walk with people who are thinking through matters of the faith.

and of course, we can chat about other stuff as well... why not? =)

you can call me at 012-2915415 or email me at doogsy_dog@hotmail.com ... and no matter whether you take me up on this or not, i'm praying for you! =)